The department of ophthalmology is dedicated to providing state of the art medical and surgical care in all aspects of adult and pediatric ophthalmology. We provide patient oriented management of ophthalmic problems by integrating and leveraging our combined expertise.
The center performs advance surgical procedures which include most current surgical and reconstructive techniques.
We have a team of highly experienced surgeons which are supported by most advanced medical equipment and techniques.
At METAS Adventist Hospital, ophthalmology is the branch of medicine which deals with the diseases and surgery of the visual pathways, including the eye, Brain and areas surrounding the eye such as the lacrimal system and eyelids.
Ophthalmology – Treatment & Services
- Phacoemulsification & foldable lens implantation surgery with no stiches.
- Refractive cataract surgery
- Small incision cataract surgery
- Pediatric cataract surgery
- Complete evaluation of eye deformities
- Ptosis Surgery
- Occuloplasty corrective surgery
- Reconstructive orbital surgery
- Orbitotomy for orbital tumor
- Glaucoma surgery
- Pediatric Glaucoma surgery
- Laser Glaucoma treatment ( trabeculoplastyiridotomy & cyclophotocoagulation)
- Retina And Vitreous:
- Specialty diagnostics and tests (retina imaging)
- Diabetic retinopathy management
- Age related macular degeneration management.
- Retinal detachment surgery
- Retinal laser photocoagulation
- Complete corneal diagnostics
- Corneal ulcer treatment
- Dry eye management
- Evaluation of neurological disorders of eye.
- Optic nerve disease evaluation and management
- Ocular motility disorders & nerve paralysis
- Diplopia management
- Retinopathy of prematurity screening & treatment.
- Developmental cataract
- Developmental glaucoma